Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthdays

Seriously, as hot as it's been you'd think I'd have lots more done on here! However, in spite of the heat, we've kept pretty busy around here. :)
We've been running an average of 104 degrees here for the past month or so. HOT! My poor grass and bushes in the back are all dying. Wondering what will be left when the rain finally comes. Oh well...we do still have air conditioning for which I am VERY thankful!
So, we have had 2 birthdays here in the last two weeks. Abby turned 11 and Anna 7. How? I'm sure I don't know! I must have blinked again. Goodness! Anna says we need to go to 7-11 today since they are 7 and 11! haha - They are both getting so tall and are enjoying each others company more this year than any before, I think. Fun to watch sisters having fun together. :)
The 2 big boys are away to visit all the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in Colorado for 3 weeks or so. Abby misses her big brothers the most. David is valiantly upholding the guys perspectives around here. I think having his brothers gone has intensified the need for all think male or something! He's gotten out his boy toys (G.I. Joes, Nerf Guns, etc..) more in the past week than ever before, there has been an increase in belching going on as well as gross boy jokes...bugs and the like. HA! Too funny! :)
So, here are a few birthday pics. Don't have too many from Abby's day as we spent it out and I didn't have my camera - she was not the happiest b-day girl anyways as the boys and Grandpa/Grandma Niles has just left that day. More of her to follow....with her myriad Polly Pocket dolls!
This is Abby's b-day dolly from Emily. Isn't she cute!
 Anna's antique replica sewing basket. Grandma J. made it to look like the one her Grandma passed down.
 Stickers!!!!
 "This is my favorite stuff" - new and pretty embroidery thread. :)
 Notice the wrist-let pin-cushion? She wore that until I told her she really should take it off for awhile. :)
 The Nurse Niles Bag...with all sorts of cool Dr. stuff in it! Thanks to everyone who helped stock it. :)


 Abby bought Anna a little kitty that Anna saw and wanted. Spoiling her sister, I'd say! :)
The party!
David gave Anna his Clifford slippers. Anna says she really likes those.
 She wanted a Rapunzel cake. $20 for a cake?!? I don't think so. God loves little people, too - 1 box of cupcakes at WalMart - $3. That I can do. :) She was THRILLED!

 Tipped her bowl to sip the last of the ice cream and the cupcake slipped.....
 Abby's cool craft box.
 Full of neat projects! COOL! Oh....and a Hobby Lobby gift card! Could a girl ask for anything better when on her way to go shopping?!?!?
 Nifty bag bought with a little of above mentioned gift card...to house all the little Polly Pockets G&G Niles added to her stash. Still need a pic of the dollies ---- soon!
Abby and Emily....twins?? :)

 New clothes from Grandpa and Grandma Niles....that the girls got to pick out while they were here! FUN!

 New outfit for Samantha (Abby's AG doll) Figured she needed something to celebrate, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."