Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Have Survived!

Well, ya'll thought I just ran out of things to speak about but for real I have been burried - ALIVE - in the room of 9 and 5 year old boys. AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
What a harrowing experience!
Yep - we cleaned, thinned, organized, straightened and cleaned some more. It took almost all day but it is done. Whew!
The boys are now on a new plan. Since niether one of them cares about changing clothes - unless mom makes them - we downsized to just a few outfits - enough to make it through until the laundry gets done on Saturday.
Davey's Sunday clothes have been hung in complete outfits - no more black stripe pants, yellow shirt, olive vest and grey striped suit coat and then me not having the heart to tell him he has to change after all his hard work because he looks crazy! So, now all he has to do is pick one hanger and everything matches and he still gets to wear his vests and things he likes!
You wouldn't believe where we found all the sock! Yikes! I knew they had to be there somewhere!
Then we cleaned, organized and thinned the toy box.
We will be making a donation to the Goodwill this week and then all the bags will be out of my room as well! Yea!
I hope the boys can keep their room clean now that they have less to clean. Otherwise, we'll have to resort to more extreme measures. :)
Today I have to tackle the school room and then my room - where the laundry got dumped while I was helping in the boys' room!
How is it that all the other rooms in the house get totally demolished when no one is even in it! Just because I am not standing in the room to make sure everything stays in place! I feel like Mary Poppins' cleaning tactics have flipped in my house and as soon as you leave a room everything jumps up and flies about the room, picking a random place to land! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."