


Seems I don't get on here more than that lately! Grrr!!
Well, Let's see - the hightlights lately...
1. Sweet sister, Becky, has a Mom's Day Out for myself and a couple of others of her friends. She has all the kids at her house and the moms get to go take a nap, do grocery shopping or simply enjoy the peace and quiet for 3 hours! Becky has 11 kids during that time! She's amazing. This month they got to make Valentine's mailboxes - paint, stickers - the whole deal! She is also very brave! :) So, this time on our way back to our cars one of the moms and I started chatting - to make a long story short - we completely lost track of time, stood outside Becky's house the entire 3 hours and visited. Hey! When you don't have little people jumping in all the time, time flies! :) I got a nasty sunburn on my face as it happened to be one of the first really nice days we've had yet. Ouch! And Becky and the other mom will never let us live it down - they laughed their heads practically off! :) hahaha
2. Joshua took me to lunch on Valentine's day. :) Awww! Well, the church has a Mother/Son Valentine Banquet - this is year #23! Anyway, Josh took me. We had a fun time. The food was excellent - we have some very gifted cooks at this church! Pork loin, fresh green beans, a lovely wonderful rice dish - oh, shrimp cocktail appetizer - Josh about died of happiness! And molten lava chocolate cakes for desert. Yum! Then we won the door prize, too! They took pictures of the moms and sons and framed them, too. What a treat!
3. One night on our way back from AWANA we stopped at Taco Bell - everyone was "starving". Got a touch of food poisoning - ugh, think we'll avoid Taco Bell for awhile. Everyone felt lousy for a day or two. Anna told me (very seriously), "Mommy, my tummy is very, very mad!" Poor baby - mine was mad, too! Thought that was a good way to put it. :)
4. Michael managed to keep his "area" clean for several weeks - in spite of David :) - and was rewarded with an "Ok" from dad to go buy a goldfish. He has missed his little hamster that died last year but another of those was out of the question with mom and dad so a goldfish seemed a good thing. Jeff bought him a plecostomus as well. They both died within 36 hours! Great! He handled it well. We went and got replacements and they are doing fine. Their names are "Fred - for Frederick - and Sucker".
5. Abby is loving her sewing machine. She has made cute little sacks for just about all of us now and is now trying to think of something else to make. Any ideas? She is getting so tall - no more little girl at all. I am enjoying it all but it is sorta sad to see the little stages disappearing so quickly! Abby loves to sing and dance, have tea parties and, of course, go shopping! She said, on our last girls day out, "Mom, I used to like to just look at stuff. Now I like to check the tags and see how much they are." :) At AWANA they have "Store Night" once in awhile - Abby always spends her shares buying things for her siblings or Jeff, myself and Aunt Becky.
6. Daved is reading now - a little. He was happy to find out that he could read the words in one of the little beginner books we have. Thought that was loads of fun! :)He is almost better than his big brothers on some of the computer games - which he doesn't appreciate enough to tease the olders ones with and they are just amazed that he does so well. He likes being able to do things with the guys! Being stuck between the girls sometimes gets hard on a guy. :) He handles it pretty well most of the time.
7. Jeff was up to three jobs last month. Yuck! He quit one last week - whew! Wasn't working out to be worth it and we weren't seeing him at all. We are very glad to have him back. I was amazed at how quickly the stress levels dropped! It only took 24 hours - Jeff seemed better - I was better and the kids were saying in their prayers, "Thank you that daddy can spend more time with us."
One thing to be said about the days Jeff was not here - Josh really stepped up and showed some good character. He was a comfort to his mom - who had a meltdown at least once, helped with the little kids - even reminding them what they needed to be doing to help around the house and take some pressure off of me. He is such a comfort and help to me - don't know what I'd do without him! They are all such blessings - I am truly so very blessed.
Well - guess that's the update for now. I'm putting a picture up that I'm not sure if I've put on before - if so, sorry! :) Becky got these done and they turned out so well - I just love them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment