Then some practicing for me with Daniel - learning how to care for him. I get to have him three days a week when Becky has to go to work.
After that Jeff's mom got to come for several days! Yay! We enjoyed having her here - wish Jeff's dad could have come, too, but you know, the dad's don't get to quit much! We had a very nice visit with grandma anyway. I am grateful she was able and willing to come to us this time!
Jeff took Carol and I out to dinner at the restaurant where he works one night - a late Mother's Day and early b-day celebration (Carol's) for us. It was fun to get to meet more of the folks he works with and - OF COURSE - get to eat the wonderful food! What flavors! Chilean Sea Bass is exquisite!
Jeff had a couple of days off and was so nice to help me out in the yard. We got a lot done, everything spruced up, trimmed and cleaned. I love being out in the back yard in the early mornings and evenings after the heat is gone. We have had a bunch of hummingbirds this year - which I love. I've gotten to move some plants around as well as pick up a couple from the clearance sections at the nurseries. My sister gave me some clay pots and so now I have some beauty out there as well. I look forward to working on the yard little by little and turning it into a wonderful, peaceful spot.
Michael has gotten into carpentry lately. Home Depot sells scrap wood for 50 cents a piece so we've stocked up. He decided to build a work table last week. After building and un-doing it two or three times, Jeff offered to help and Michael jumped at the opportunity. Michael now has a very sturdy table to work on. I only have pics of the beginnings right now - will have to get a completed pic later.




No comments:
Post a Comment