Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Urban" Farming :)

Well, spring seems to be trying to be here. YAY! :) I've been wanting a garden since we moved here - tried to dig one last year but our ground is so horrible. So, this year I decided to build a raised bed. Not as hard as I thought it would be. Of course, it isn't anywhere near the size of my other gardens but it IS a garden! :) I posted our "phase 1" picture of the garden.
Then we also got some chickies this year! Double Yay! :) The three oldest kids remember our chickens in Colorado. They are excited to have some again and of course, the oldest boys are looking forward to having fresh eggs. :) Me too!
The sun is shining and things seem to be warming up around here - so nice. Things are blooming and we are hopeful our garden will do well. Maybe we'll build another next year! Or turn ours into mini green house later this year and see how long it will last! Who knows!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."