Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthdays

Well, Abby turned 10 yesterday. Where has the time gone? She is growing up so fast! Jeff got the day off so he and she had the morning together, playing Othello. She and I went to lunch - she chose to go to the Chinese Buffet - and then we went to Half Price Book Store. My kids love that place and there are enough books that you usually can find some good ones. (Pathetic that one has to sort through junk in the kids' section! But then that's a whole different rabbit trail!) Anyway, we had fun looking at books and even picking a couple out for the car trip. Next we ran to the store to get the stuff for her favorite meal....spaghetti with meatballs. :)
At home, Abby got to open her presents and then Uncle Nat came over....and brought Scotcharoos! YUM!! Then Aunt Becky and Daniel came over - I WISH I had a picture of Daniel then. I hadn't gotten my brain in gear to start taking pictures right away! Daniel was all dressed up in his cute little shorts, shirt, new shoes and a baseball cap...on backwards! TOO CUTE! Anyway, so Becky was trying to get Daniel to give Abby the present they brought but Daniel liked the beaded straps on the bag too much to actually let Abby take it. We did try to explain to him that pink was just not his color really! hahaha
Uncle Nat played on the trampoline with the kids and then we all played Abby's favorite games. Apples to Apples and Ticket to Ride - Switzerland. Uncle Nat won both of them - I will never think of coffee the same way and Becky missed beating him by only 2 points! Way to go, Uncle Nat - although we will give you a hard time about it anyways. :)
I do think Abby had a great birthday - she seemed to be very happy. I am blessed to have her for a daughter these 10 years and pray she will continue to grow into the beautiful young woman God intends her to be.

Bouncing with Uncle Nat

A gift from Daniel and Aunt Becky..."can I keep the cool bag?"

Aww! Dad! :)

The pink outfit was from Aunt Becky and Daniel. Cool!!

Uncle Nat!!

Opening gifts...with help. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Abby. Ten is soooooooo much fun. Othello was my favorite game when I was in grade school. Book stores are our family's favorite 'field trip' although the 'sorting through the junk' is not this mommy's favorite either. Our family can become rather loud when playing Apples to Apples and Ticket to Ride brings out the strategist in all of us. It sounds like it was a blessed birthday! May the Lord continue to bless Abby as she grows to lean and learn more and more from Him.

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."