Can it be that Thanksgiving day has already come and gone?! EEEKK!! Yesterday my son asked me, "how many days 'til Christmas" - good grief! So, I sat down and made my list...no, not the "what I want for Christmas" list but the "what I need to get done before Christmas" list! :) Everyone is getting homemade gifts this year so I really need to get with it and get them done - especially as I have to ship several of them! Not an unpleasant task. I always feel more like sitting and crocheting or sewing when it's cold out. Today, however, it is 63 degrees out and only recently I learned that my dear husband has never actually even been up in the attic like I'd thought. So, I went to investigate - being it's nice out! The attic would make a LOVELY extra room...I'm thinking my own personal sitting/craft room...ahhh, maybe someday! It needs flooring/walls,a ceiling and window but there is a perfect spot for a door from the school room upstairs and it is rather spacious - I love it. But for now it is home to all my canning supplies, our tent and Jeff's "extra" books. Took me about an hour to get it all up there and now the idea of a clean and organized garage is not such an impossible idea! YAY! Maybe we'll get both cars in by spring....hail, tornadoes, etc..
Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and were reminded of all that we have to be thankful for....all year!
My kids spent the day after collecting all our neighbors' leaves so they could have a big enough pile....in my back yard, of course....to play in! haha At one point four of the neighbor boys were in the back with them playing in the leaves. Just what I needed to remind me to enjoy life and not get caught up in the stress of day to day. So thankful for the perspective of my kids.
Well, back to the Christmas gifts - just wanted to pop in and say Hi! :)
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:16-18
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Psalm 127:3-5
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."
We have had snow on the ground,covering our leaves, since Monday and didn't even make it out of the 20's today. Tell everyone hello from our crew and enjoy this Advent season as we ponder Immanuel, God with us!
ReplyDelete