Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot LIke Christmas


Well, inside anyways!! Today we have begun putting up the Christmas decorations. The kids just can't wait until tomorrow! :) And the weather has helped a little this morning. The wind blew hard most of the night and dropped the temps more than 30 degrees. It was a balmy, almost-70, yesterday and supposed to only make it to 51 today. The wind is still blowing, though not quite as hard as last night, and it is CHILLY out. I am missing the distinct seasonal changes by now. I suppose I've now been in Texas long enough to have "forgotten" (a little) all the shoveling of snow, dressing little ones in and out of snowsuits...all the time and driving in the yuck - at least enough to miss it this year. It is always so up and down here. Warm one day and freezing the next - a body just can not adjust fast enough!
We are busily working on Christmas gifts that I hope to have mailed off this week or early next. I'm running out of time! Why didn't I start earlier? I HAVE NO IDEA!!! I'm crazy. Abby has all but one of her gifts made or bought. She's on top of it! I am making all of mine this year and time has just caught up with me too quickly, as it seems to do more each year. Maybe it's the shock of having a high schooler, a jr. higher and my youngest all out of kindergarten?! I'm feeling old....and short. :)
Well, hoping all of you are enjoying this season, wherever it finds you and mostly remembering all that we have to be thankful for and look forward to during this Advent season. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."