Tuesday, December 11, 2007

BBRRRR!!!!!




Yep - it is cold here - at last! Of course, it came as a bit of a shock. One day it was 80-something, the next upper 70s and the next 35! So, we are doing the yo-yo thing again but at least the cold helps it feel a little more like December and Christmas and all!
Last week was busy, busy. I am deep cleaning the house so that I - hopefully - won't have to do any of that over Christmas and there will be nice space for all that are here! So, we finally are down to two boxes of 'leftovers' from unpacking the school room and it feels much better! It is always so nice to get things all straightened up and put away - or better yet, gotten rid of! Sometimes that can be a tricky thing - figuring out what to store/keep and what to just let go. With five kids we recycle a lot! Even school stuff. However, it is common to get to the place where we could use the saved things only to find that the next child is a size bigger or smaller, the clothing is the wrong season when it fits or the school things are not the right things for that next kid! Whew! Sometimes I feel it is a constant juggling act! Anyway, the house is much better and even the children are motivated to help keep it this way - well, for now anyways! :)
Then last week I had my neighbor ladies over for an evening to sit, relax and visit. It was nice. I think everyone enjoyed it and a couple even wanted to do it again sometime. Yea!
The next day we had Michael's post-birthday party. A couple of friends from Sunday school came for the afternoon and we had games, food and fun! I still can't believe Michael is 9 and David is now 5. Where did the time go? I thought I was being careful and watching! :)I was thinking last night that Joshua is about the age that the kids in Parachute were when we started working there. Wow! They, of course, are not kids anymore but grown adults off doing all sorts of things. Not only that but Joshua will go into the junior high youth group next year. YIKES! Okay - enough of that subject for today - I can't take any more!
We hope you all are enjoying this holiday season. I have noticed - with myself as well as others - there is a tendency to become depressed. Perhaps it is all the rush and activity, maybe all the sentimental songs on the radio, or all the past memories. I would like to encourage us all to remember that this should be a season of rejoicing and praise! God's greatest gift was given to us at Christmastime. So, let us not look back - too much! - but look forward and even more let us set our eyes on Jesus - the author and perfector of our faith - the Son of God who gave up all the glories of heaven to be born a baby, live and die that we might have life! How incredible is that!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."