
One of my favorite movies that my mom and sisters used to watch during the holidays is the old Little Women movie - I don't care for the new one so much. The old one is just right. Actually, I believe there is one older than the one I mean! Goodness! I think June Allyson plays the part of Jo in the one I am thinking of. Anyway - I always think of the little song the girls sang - Merry Christmas time is here, happiest time in all the year...
So - Merry Christmas Time! :) I hope that this entire month is a wonderful time for all of you and your families. We have so much to rejoice in ALL year and this time of year is a good reminder of that.
The kids are all counting the days until the grandparents, aunts and uncles begin to arrive! We have both sets of family visiting this year - over the course of about a month. Jeff's family will be with us over Christmas week and mine will get to come early January as that is when my sister's baby is due! We are looking forward to spending time with almost all our dear family again.
The kids are after me to begin wrapping the gifts and get them under the tree. We had our shopping done early this year. I do not relish getting out to shop when all of Dallas and Fort Worth are out as well! It gets so crazy. So, I decided we would get done early and then just stay home, decorate, bake and have fun without the stress of fighting the crowds. I am amazed at the effect of living in a big city! There are so many people!
No comments:
Post a Comment