



Well, today the weather is fitting the mood around here. My dad left for Colorado yesterday and my mom and grandparents pulled out today. It is drippy, freezing cold and dreary here. There is sure a lot of space between here and there!
So, the kids are sitting around watching movies (Christmas gifts), playing games and coloring. I am trying to add a post here as I am so terribly behind!
Last night I took my three oldest kids to a play/concert put on by a group of kids. It was called Deep In The Heart and was - obviously! - all about Texas. It was a lot of fun in spite of the fact that Michael had a bit of a hard time understanding the southern twang at the speed they were talking. Abby was thrilled that the "cowgirls" were funny, had boots - "Just like mine" and danced a sort of ballet during part of the play. Michael loved the joke - while trying to tell how big Texas is - that went something like this: Once it rained 40 days and nights and we only got 1/2 and inch! Michael loves a good joke! Joshua liked some of the music and funny sayings - Tennesse Longhorn? Yellow rose of Nebraska? I think not! So, we all had a very fun time and enjoyed a truly Texas evening. FYI - BBQ IS one of the main food groups - Ya'll is singular, all ya'll is plural and all ya'll's is plural possesive. And in case you were wondering - yes, I have picked it back up so don't be surprised if you hear me say Ya'll - for ya'll up north - bless your hearts! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment