Did you think we would never show up again? Well, I do feel like I have been in some sort of time warp and once again it has been too long since I posted here.
I used to think I needed the summer break from homeschooling as I get to feeling a bit burnt out by the end of a school year. However, I am now re-thinking that idea. i am now not so sure that summer break is more exhausting than school! The kids are going crazy with no sure schedule. My children know better than to say they are bored - I'll find something to relieve that - but they are definately bored. :) Not only that but my mind seems to have taken a permanent vacation and I drift through the days wondering why I can't seem to get a grip on things! Good grief! Maybe we just need to go back to school, after all, it is too hot to play outside most of the day anyways.
Jeff is hoping to finish up his training at the "new" restaurant - Nick and Sam's - and get back to work this week. He has been cramming so much into his head I don't know how it is anything but mush by now.
My mom found a shop where I may be able to sell some of my crochet, embroidery and jewelry. Yea! I have been working like crazy to get a couple of afghans done to send back to Colorado with my sister when she goes this week. That way I won't have to mail them as they are pretty heavy. I am hopeful that my things will sell and that will be a fun and helpful outlet for me.
I wish I had pictures of the kids to post but I seem to have forgotten that there is such a thing as a camera and how to use it.
We had a very fun 4th of July. Jeff had the 3rd and 4th off so we got to play some games, go see some big fireworks and have a BBQ with Aunt Becky as well as do some of our own fireworks. But - I forgot the camera every time. Ugh!
Well, all for now - back to work.
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:16-18
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Psalm 127:3-5
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."
No comments:
Post a Comment