Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Elections

Well, this is not going to be a political blog but I have to say that my heart is heavy and sad for my country. I am grieved with the choices that are being made in this land I love. To choose a man for President who supports death, hate, anger and is an avid lier as well - is, at the least, blind and foolish.
Scripture says - blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. I believe that - in general - America no longer honors the Lord as her God and in so doing will reap the consequences therein. America has chosen herself as god.
I pray - without ceasing - for the Church in America. That she will be pure, bold and brave. That we will remember - "greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world". That we would reach out to our neighbors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and share with them the message of hope that goes beyond the grave. Jesus lives and He saves and He is our Prince of Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."