Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Just news






Well, we are all split up this week. Val and Glenn headed off in a car and a moving truch this morning. They have a long haul! I bet they will be all moved in by the time we get home.
Joshua found out that 5th/6th grade camp at Twin Peaks was on for this week. He said - "If we had stayed in Parachute I would have gotten to go this year. Can I go to camp?" He really wanted to go and so we made a quick call to dad to okay everything and off Joshua went to his first time at camp. He seems too little and yet I know he is not. He had to run to Junction and get a camp physical and update his shots yesterday. What a crazy day! Camp started at 4pm. We made it by 4:30. Not bad! What a lot to cram into a day. He was really nervous about the shots but they went well and he was nervous about going to camp where -"I won't know anybody else". But, that didn't stop him - he still wanted to go! I was much relieved to find that our friend Eric Ellis is teaching up there this week - no worries there. And Josh is in a cabin with a counselor we know, too. So that all worked out well. We have a couple of friends up there helping out this week as well - including John Henry who Josh say right away and was much relieved to know someone! So, we hope he has a great time at camp and will be eager to hear all about it on Saturday.
Abby we took to Montrose yesterday - before we took Josh to camp - as I had to go down there first to pick up some things for Val to put in the moving truck. So, Abby stayed with great Grandpa and Grandma who will come up here on Wednesday! WHEW! I think I got that all straight!
I will try to get a few camp pictures when I go pick Joshua up - forgot to take the camera when I dropped him off!

1 comment:

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."