Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday Boy

My son is 12 today. Good grief - that doesn't seem possible! I remember my 12th birthday very well. My dad and mom gave me my first study Bible and my dad took me out for a NICE dinner. He let me order crab - for the first time - and then said that was a mistake! Yep, I loved it. :)
Anyway, Josh is 12. I am always amazed that no matter how hard you try to capture every moment - it goes so fast. I think in some ways it has sped by and then surprised me with Josh just because he is the oldest, has always been more mature for his age and there are the younger ones to tend to. He is, in many ways, my right arm. :)
I look forward to this next phase of his life. Watching him become a young man and developing a different type of relationship with my son.
Well, enough musing before I need the tissues. :)
Happy Birthday, Joshua!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."