Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7, 2012

Well, time for some catch up!!! :)
Today, as we face post election blues, I am doing my level best to - "keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set out for him he endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God. Think of him who endured such opposition against himself by sinners, so that you may not grow weary in your souls and give up. You have not yet resisted to the point of bloodshed in your struggle against sin." Hebrews 12:2-4
I mourn over the continued decline of my country. The loss of the freedoms my ancestors found and died for. The increase of selfishness, foolishness and wickedness, and the thought of what my children are left with. However, I do not mourn as one without hope because my hope is not based in the world. My hope is found in Jesus as 1 Peter 1:3-9 says: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy he gave us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, that is, into an inheritance imperishable, undefiled, and unfading. It is reserved in heaven for you, who by God’s power are protected through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. This brings you great joy, although you may have to suffer for a short time in various trials. Such trials show the proven character of your faith, which is much more valuable than gold—gold that is tested by fire, even though it is passing away—and will bring praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. You have not seen him, but you love him. You do not see him now but you believe in him, and so you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, because you are attaining the goal of your faith—the salvation of your souls."
Therefore, though I grieve over the state of our country and it's continual rejection of and rebellion toward God...knowing that God is not mocked and those who refuse to submit themselves to Him will be judged....my desire is that I will continue to strive to die to myself and live for His righteousness each and every day. That though there is nothing I can do to "save" my country I desire to do my best to "save" as many people on this sinking ship as I can...while there is still time. 
These days and the difficulties we are and will continue to face should not surprise us. The Bible says in Matthew 24:6-14  "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come. For nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these things are the beginning of birth pains."
And then in the next few verses:
“Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the nations because of my name. Then many will be led into sin, and they will betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many, and because lawlessness will increase so much, the love of many will grow cold. But the person who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."
None of this is a surprise to God and He let us know ahead of time it is coming and He tells us how to be ready! How I long to be found ready...busy...and faithful when Jesus comes again...and all the time until then!

Some have been warning of coming destruction and judgement. Some say that Christians are being judged because "We have allowed our fellow Americans to pronounce judgment on the nation." * 
I personally do not believe that true believers are the ones being judged or punished today for the state our country is in. I do believe that our country, as a whole, is facing God's judgement. I for one, have done the best I know to do to stand and fight for what is right, however we as believers are often caught in the consequences of living in a fallen and sinful world. 

Might I just say as well, that maybe it is time for us to quit calling for repentance and revival in order to save our country and acknowledge that things are not going to get better - thus adjusting our focus to where it ought to be anyways - calling for repentance and revival in order to save as many as we can from the coming eternal judgement. Some may call me pessimistic but I do not believe America will ever return to her former glory - if I am wrong (yay) - it will only happen if the majority of people acknowledge God, give up their sinful ways and walk in obedience to His Word. If I am right, we need to quit trying to save something that can not be saved and instead live out the great commission - Matthew 28:19-20  "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”   
We need to remember that this world is not our home! We are but strangers passing through and even more importantly we are ambassadors of God - we are His representatives - we are called to share the message of salvation with a lost and dying world! 
May we....even as we face increasing hardships in this world....strive to be urgent, faithful and wise ambassadors! 

*By Joseph Farah -http://prophezine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."