


Well, the kids had fun tonight at the AWANA awards night and church picnic. The church sets up a mini carnival in the parking lot. The rain stopped and it warmed up for about two hours so the kids had lots of fun. There was a bounce house, a huge water slide, face painting, a dunk tank, water balloons and guns, a pie fight, popcorn and snow cones, basketball, football and volleyball. Goodness!
The big boys did the tank! Wow! I didn't know they would want to but that was the first place Joshua went! I didn't even get to see him as I didn't realize he was going there first. He went at least two more times! Michael tried it and did really well. Then he tried a bunch of other things.David liked the bounce house, water guns and water balloons. He is onery - don't know where he gets that traight!
Abby decided to try the dunk tank - I was so impressed that she would want to try it! Poor thing - as soon as her bottom hit the seat, down she went. They had forgotten to latch the seat! That caught her totally of guard - me too! - and she came up sputtering and crying! The poor guy running the tank felt terrible. Abby recovered quickly but decided not to try it again this year and went to enjoy the water slide and water balloons.
Anna had fun riding around in her stroller and then playing in a huge puddle.
After all this fun a huge storm came rolling in. I have never seen so many people scatter and clear out so fast! They just picked up and hauled everything into the fellowship hall. The parking lot was completely cleared in under 10 minutes! Then the rain came and I do mean came! It poured so hard I was wondering if we would be able to get all the way home without pulling over to wait some of it out. So, we have small ponds in our back yard again and the kids are chomping at the bit to go out and play in the puddles in our cul-de-sac.
Whew!
Jeff has tomorrow off and we will be going to Becky's house for an evening BBQ. That will be nice. I better go get the jello in the fridge! Have a nice rest of your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment