
Well, I guess we will join the blog world. I feel rather behind the times as I only just recently figured out what a blog was anyway! Okay - have mercy, the computer geek of the family is busy with work and school so I am on my own. Aren't ya'll lucky?!
So, I thought this would be a fun way to stay in touch and let everyone know what is up in the Niles clan.
For those of you who haven't heard from us for awhile - sorry - we are 7 all together. We have been in Texas for about a year now. Jeff is attending Dallas Theological Seminary - going for his Masters degree. More about that later!
Joshua turned 11 in April and is almost as tall as mom - I know, not much to talk about there - unless you ask Josh! :) He likes baseball, reading and computers. Hmmm...maybe I'll have him help me!
Michael will be 9 in October. I have to do the "will be" thing as everyone has odd numbers by the end of the year and that makes it easier for me to remember!
Michael has had an eventful year. Shortly after moving here we found out that he had some serious eye problems. However, God knew that and had a wonderful doctor waiting for us. She has since helped us work through most of Michael's problems and is continuing his new eye exercises to help improve his sight. Michael had a pretty rough year school wise - understandably, but is now seeing much better and seems to be bouncing back to his "old" self. He likes reading and karate.
Abigail will be 7 in July. She is getting so tall! Abby has discovered tea parties since moving to Texas and that is her big thing now. She also loves anything princess and dance. She has enjoyed the fact that Anna is now old enough to share in these things to a greater extent - as well as having girls her age from church to play with.
David had a rough start to Texas life as well. He had some major allergy problems last fall. He is lactose intollerant as well and food allergies run in the family. So, I decided to try a gluten-free diet with him. Since that change he has not had another episode with his breathing. Thank God!
I am very thankful for all the resources we have had here that God had in place to help us! I found a new friend online that has been a huge help with David's new diet.
David likes playing the drums and doing things with the other kids - even if that means playing dress up with the girls when the big boys won't play with him! :)
Anna will be 3 in August. She is talking a lot more now and loves to copy Abby. She is quite the kid! She has her own unique personality for sure! When she is happy she is very happy and sweet and when she is not hardly anyone could get her to smile if she didn't want to! Anna is our animal lover. She loves any and all animals. This makes for an interesting aspect to park outing where there are turtles in the ditch and baby ducks in the ponds. She bosses our big dog - Shep, like he is just a tiny pup - and he behaves better for her than the others!
We are so blessed to have these 5 little people living with us. We pray they will become strong men and women - servants of the Lord.
I am enjoying being back in Texas. There is a certain uniqueness (is that a word? sp?) to Texas. We have had a lot of rain and so everything is green and blooming and beautiful. We have lots of doves and song birds in our backyard. The kids loved it when all the butterflies were here last week.
I found out how awful moving is when you take all the grandkids away from the grandparents! Not only was I lonely for our family but I had 5 other lonely little people, too! That is a lot! I had a hard time for quite awhile but finally feel as if I am getting on top of it and adjusting! God is so good.
We have been blessed with a house with a school room! Yes! Well, actually it is the game room but I didn't tell the kids that! I am amazed at how much more smoothly things run when you have a specific place for school. What a blessing!
Jeff has just finished his first year at DTS. He loves the studies and classes. He did very well this year and looks forward to next year, new teachers and new classes. He is taking the ThM which if I remember correctly is the Master of Theology course. I can never remember those technical titles and such! Anyway, he would absolutely love to teach at a college level eventually - unless he finds he just can't stay out of the pastorate and then we would go back that way. We really have no idea what we will be doing in four years but are content that God knows and this is where He has us for right now and He will lead us to the next step when the time is right.
Jeff is also working two jobs this summer. He works at Romano's Macaroni Grill now and is trying to get on at another restaurant called Brio's - starting next month. That should be interesting! He is good at what he does and enjoys all the people - most of the time!
The kids and I get to take a trip back to Colorado in July. We are all looking forward to it. Jeff's parents and mine have all come here to visit and I am so glad and thankful that they were willing and able to come to us. We are happy to be going there now. Especially during the hot season here in Texas! Jeff's brother, Drew (Andy) and his wife will be in Colorado for a week while we are there and we will all be going camping for a couple of days. The kids are thrilled and I look forward to being in the mountains again.
Well, that is about a book for my first entry! I'll quit for now - I know - "Thank goodness!" :)
I just read my first BLOG!!! And all thanks to you! This was fun and well-written so keep it up. Can I share it will Bill, Joyce, Drew, Dan??? or do you want to add some to your mailing? Love you, MOM N
ReplyDeleteAll righty, then! I loved it, Angie! Keep them coming. Tell Jeff and the kidlets hi and give hugs all around. You're in our prayers...we know your summer plans have changed. Love and hugs, Barb
ReplyDeleteCool beans! I'm with your mom, this is my first Blog. Looks good.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the change in plans for your trip. Has it been cancelled or postponed?
Tell everyone Hi, and give Jeff a wet willy for me.
Dave
I like your blog!!! So, you home school your kids? I was home schooled in 2nd and 3rd grades, and I loved it, well, what I can remember of it. Keep blogging! It's great!
ReplyDelete