Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Michael


The other day I was trying to tell David about God's grace and mercy toward us. He had done something wrong and I was trying to show him how because of our sin we deserve God's wrath and that death is the penalty for our sin. (In 4yr. old terms - of course!) Anyway, I was saying - instead of God giving us what we deserved He showed us mercy and grace when He had Jesus take our punishment in our place. From the back seat of the van Michael pipes up - "Now I get it! Mom, I never really understood how that worked! Jesus died instead of me dying. I should have died because of my sin but Jesus died for me!"

How incredibly awsome it is to see God working in my children's hearts. I am still overwhelmed at the thought of that moment. All this time - I had no idea that Michael had not really grasped that and here in an overheard conversation with David God chose to open Michael's spiritual eyes and help him understand. God is so good and so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."