Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ahh, the wonderful bliss of quiet


The other day was a highly unusual one around here! With so many little people running around there just isn't often total quiet. It isn't that the children are purposefully noisey all the time - 6 people moving about just generate noise! :)
However, Saturday afternoon was totally quiet and peaceful - if only for a bit. It was very nice. I made myself some tea and scones, sat on the couch looking out at the somewhat rainy day and enjoyed the quiet.
Once in awhile I take a break and go try to find a quiet spot - it is hard to find a truly quiet place these days! I used to bike up onto the Monument or out into the "country" :) to enjoy some quiet. Now, with noise of phones, cars, planes, people and on and on - it is no wonder we somehow have a harder time hearing that Still Small Voice! Or hearing God's voice at all, for that matter! I am always so refreshed when I have been able to find a bit of total - or mostly all - quiet. To just be still and know that He is God.
Anyway, Saturday was one of those times. Very nice. Grab those moments - they are few and precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."