Well, it's been awhile since I posted! Didn't seem to have much to say for awhile - things tend to happen in waves around here! :)
So, we've been listening to kids' Bible songs on the CD player in the mornings while everyone works on their chores or just for fun during breaks in school and the afternoons. Lately, every time we turn on the music, David wants to go and play the piano. So, I asked him today - "David, why do you always want to play the piano when the music is on?" (You know, you could play any time - why does it have to be at the same time there is other noise?!)
David's response was - "Because! (Like - Duh, Mom!) It's beeuutiful that way!" :)
And hold on to your seats - here's a surprise! Jeff has tomorrow off - of work and school! AND - he got tickets (from the school) for the Dallas Symphony! So, we get to go to dinner and the symphony! How fun is that?! We haven't been on a "date" in a long time. It should be fun. I love going to the symphony and haven't done that since before we moved here. (My mom-in-law gave me tickets a couple of times to the college events. :))
I almost thought we wouldn't get to go after all as we were having trouble finding a babysitter. My sisters are both in Colorado at a conference - of course! But, God is good and we thought of a sweet gal that is in the college group we work with and she is able to come.
Well, I guess that is my big news for this week. I will try to post a little more often again as I do enjoy it and know a few of you keep up with us that way. :)
Have a good weekend.
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:16-18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Psalm 127:3-5
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."
No comments:
Post a Comment