Monday, March 17, 2008

Slave Labor???






Never!
The kids were busy, busy weeding the back yard the other day - plenty of weeds to go around these days. They almost filled - not stuffed in and tamped down, mind you, but filled the big yard trash can with those nasty purple flowering weeds that have taken over our yard.
I have a Snack Shop and in it I put fun little snacks and toys. To own these things the children must do extra chores. That way we get some things done around here that wouldn't normally get done! Well, they decided to weed last week. I was truly impressed with how hard they all worked. It was so nice out and I think they enjoyed being out in the sunshine but really, you could do other things outside besides weed! So, hurray to my kids! And lots of goodies from the Snack Shop as well.
Anna - being too little to really pull weeds - mostly just spent time outside with her shades on - dancing. She was cute. :) She and Abby have discovered a movie they both love and could watch over and over and over - if we owned it! It is Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses - which, I was surprised, is actually pretty good. Anyway, the girls love it and so Anna was telling me - Momma, I'm 12 princess' and I'm dancing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."