




You have got to be kidding! That is what I was thinking yesterday afternoon as Jeff and I watched the news from our table during dinner in Dallas. Jeff had worked everything out so that I could spend the day with him in classes yesterday and then attend a discussion in the evening at the seminary. It was a miserable cold day and rained all day. I was freezing anytime we had to scurry to another building for another class! Everyone kept looking for snow in between classes - yes, it had been on the news that we might get some but I guess we really didn't believe it. I mean after all we are in Texas and it is March!
Well, after an early dinner Jeff and I headed back to the campus for the debate and found that everything had been canceled and the campus was basically closing down early. So, we headed home. I have to say, at 5:30 Jeff expected there to be LOTS of traffic and I was saying - nah, everyone went home early or are staying inside - it was so cold! Sure enough there was hardly any traffic all the way home. About half way here I wondered out loud so where is all the snow? Then five cars passed on the other side and we both said - well, I guess it's that way! The further west we went the more snow we saw. At first just a 'dusting' of it and then more and more and more! We had about 4 inches at our house! The neighbors had a snowman that was as tall as Jeff - and not one of those skinny snowmen that you see when there isn't enough snow to make a real snowball!
The kids were absolutely thrilled. They were all up, fed and dressed and outside playing by 7:30 to be sure to make the most of it! And - of course - we made snow ice cream, too!
It is almost noon as I write and we still have lots of snow - it is melting but there is a lot more to go.
HA! So, there is something to blog about! What's with all this global warming talk! HA,HA! I guess I should be grateful - we could have had 3 feet! It looks like Colorado migrated south. :)
Have a nice - warm - day!
No comments:
Post a Comment