


Okay - I really did intend to get back to this on a regular basis! Ya right - I know!
Well, lets see - after all of our company had gone we all got sick at least a couple of times. Jeff had is worst this time - unusual, thankfully - and was down for about four days. He has spent the last couple of weeks playing catch-up with his studies as he got a bit more behind than he wants to be. He had one major test in Hebrew not long after being up and around again and was concerned that he would not do well on it. I have decided that when the day comes that he is sure he'll do fine - then I'll worry! Otherwise, he always worries and always does fine. He aced the test - which surprised him but was a nice surprise so that is good.
We had a very nice warm day - on one of those days Jeff was home but not really - the week after Jeff's recovery and so I decided to tackle the garage, fix the bikes (so the kids could have something fun to do outside while dad studied) and get things organized. My goad - clear the garage out enough that Jeff can pull the Honda in also - prep for the bad weather that is sure to hit sometime this spring - hail and all that jazz.
Well, I worked for four hours and got a lot done. Now if I can just get a bit of help when Jeff has a free hour, we'll put all my canning supplies up in the attic, hang the car carrier up and then Jeff should be able to get the car in beside the van. Whew! I was impressed - aren't you? Well, you would be if you knew how much stuff we had accumulated before we moved off our 'farm' that I had not really been able to go through as yet. :) It feels good to thin and get things cleaned up.
Anna has been heard singing at the top of her lungs lately - and a bit off key :) - "Come thou fount of every blessing tune my heart to sing thy...." and David jumped in (in a much lower voice and more on key) "PRAISE" Ha! If you could only have heard it - it was such a hoot!
The three older kids are outside today pulling bags of weeds. The weeds have taken over since Monday's rain. They were eager to get outside and earn some spending money for the 'Snack Shop'. A handy way for me to get extra chores done that I can't find time for very often!
Everybody got a hair cut last week. I didn't realize how shaggy the boys had gotten until I started cutting their hair! MY! What a lot of hair! Abby decided to go back to bangs - which totally changes the look of her face - makes her look younger which is great by me! I don't know why we decided to grow out her bangs in the first place and think we'll just keep them for, O, I don't know, say 10 more years! :)
Well, I guess this should be all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment