Thursday, June 28, 2007

Are We In Texas?

Okay - I liked the pink background at first - nice and girlie - but now I have had enough pink for awhile and decided to change. Besides, Jeff did say something about how pink my blog was! Well! He should be glad the whole house isn't that way! Gag! :) So, now we are more neutral so the boys can enjoy the thought of being on this site and not drowning in pink.


Well, we begin to wonder if we truly moved to Texas or somehow went further south to some rainforest! Yep! It is still rainy around here. The sun is just now peeking out a bit this evening and that is wonderful. I love rainy days but after this long it is nice to see the sunshine - even if just for a bit. We are grateful to not have any severe flooding problems right where we are.


The kids and I leave in about 2 weeks for a visit to grandparents in Colorado - and sunshine! :) They - the kids - are looking forward to actually getting to play outside this summer. I am busy trying to put together things for them to do in the car for the 16+ hour drive back. I have still not decided whether or not to try it in one day. I discovered cheap tape decks at Wal-Mart last year and let the kids take their own tapes. That was a huge help with all the drive time. So, I have taken the tape decks out of circulation for the past few weeks so they will be "new" again when we go! I have also put together folders of coloring pages, maps, old school pratice papers and fun stuff. Then I threw in a bunch of "new" books to read, some string and books on making string designs, a package of pipe cleaners and hope that will give the kids something to do to pass the time. :) We will be taking my dog back with us so we are in for an interesting ride!


I have added the picture of Josh with his VBS award. I am proud of him for his good attitude at VBS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."