

Yes, occasionally I would like one - not often, mind you. Usually when I am tired and the current career is excessively active and noisy......but, this is not at all what I was going to write about!
This year Michael has imagined himself in no less - and probably much more - than 10 different jobs ("when I grow up...") each week, on average.
Recently, his hamster has taken to finding every possible - and some not so possible - way to escape his home. Why, I ask? When he has a perfectly nice home that Michael keeps up and adds all sorts of interesting things to! None the less - Houdini (my nick name for it) keeps getting out. Michael is heart broken each time and usually cries himself to sleep, sure that Sophie - the cat - will find and eat Squeaker before morning. Last night, after he was asleep, I kept watch and sure enough - pretty soon Sophie herds the hamster into the living room. You really do have to give her credit (yes, she is mine :) ) as she was being very gently with it - thank you, Lord. So, I took the little varmit and put him back in his cage and duck taped all the exits he has managed to make, so far! They say duck tape is good for anything. We'll see.
Michael was very glad his little pet was safe for another night and I am sure he slept much better than he would have otherwise, being he has an overactive imagination.
So, today Michael decided that when he grows up he is going to work with hamsters and know all about them and raise them. Well, he gets 100% for patience and persistance!
Some of the things Michael has decided to be when he grows up:
1. An inventor - "and invent all sorts of cool things like cars that don't need gas and that can go and go and maybe they can fly or be a boat and they will have need buttons for different things they will do......"
2. A doctor - to come up with some new medicine to help any and/or all of us as we were sick a lot this year.
3. A missionary - "so I can go tell people about Jesus"
4. An architect - in order to design some really cool building
5. An artist - "because I like art"
6. A husband
7. A father
8. A lifeguard - because he has found he likes the pool
And on and on it goes. And let me tell you - he'll probably end up a preacher as he is very long winded! :) And yes, I love him so much. He makes my life interesting - ocasionally a little more than I would like - but for the most part he makes life fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment