Saturday, June 2, 2007

Driving, driving, driving...

Well, I went down to Harper, Texas yesterday to my cousins graduation.

I wish I had had time to take pictures of all the beautiful country. The wildflowers are out all over the place and central and south Texas are so pretty. But, as it was, I stopped early afternoon to stretch and then got stuck in traffic in Austin and had to book it the rest of the way to make it in time for the graduation. Oh well. Maybe, I'll just have to take a drive in that direction sometime again. It is beautiful.


The graduation was at 7pm so I drove back last night. I was behind a storm the early hours of the morning and so got to enjoy an incredible light show, with all the lighting along the horizon, in the distance. Wish I could have caught that on tape! It was really neat. See, Texas has its redeaming qualities!


This is my effort at catching the lightning.


This is me - at 2:30am. :) And, yes, Dad Niles, that is a Rangers cap. :)





So, I arrived at home at 4:10am. YUCK! I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck when I woke up around 11. I guess I just can't do those 24hr shifts anymore! Of course, I wouldn't have had to do quite so much if David had not awaken at 4:30 yesterday morning! Never a dull moment around here unless....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 127:3-5

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They shall not be ashamed, When they speak with their enemies in the gate."